5 years of dazzling readers as a freelance article writer and copywriter.
Hundreds of published articles, editorials, features, ad copy, newsletters and blog posts, as well as striking creative nonfiction and award-winning poetry and fiction.
Various. May 2012-present
- Keeping comic book, film, and TV fanatics up to date on current developments at Screen Rant. (Oct 2015-present)
- Entertained and informed readers with knowledgeable and engaging articles and lists at Looper and Grunge (Feb 2017-Jul 2017).
- Delved into the nuances of film and TV culture for Cinema Thread. (Sept 2016-Feb 2017)
- Inspired locals and travelers as an Austin, TX expert for Mapquest’s Parachute blog (Oct 2015-Feb 2017)
- Captivated and enriched readers with news and features for Spectrum-Time Warner Cable’s “Youth Perspective” (Dec 2014-Jan 2017)
- Crafting copy and newsletters for Google Play and others via contractor Company Cue
- Intrigued and amused visitors to PlayBuzz with quirky and share-worthy quizzes and listicles (August 2015-Jan 2017)
- Informing travelers about worldwide accommodations via sharp, brand-appropriate “metareviews” on Trivago
- Taught readers about sound customer service practices for with engaging and amusing posts about FuseDesk’s blog (2013)
- Covered vital health topics via Winning Health blog (2012)
Zharmae Publishing Press. Jan 2014-July 2015
- Drew scores of new readers into Zharmae as editor, the “Between the Pages” newsletter
- Created an editorial schedule based around the newsletter and new releases to maximize exposure
- Created buzz around new books and authors with eye-catching press releases, blurbs, and intriguing author bios and video interviews
- Drove sales through social media, email campaigns via MailChimp, and soliciting blog tours
Bachelor of Arts, Writing and Rhetoric – Creative Writing
St. Edward’s University, 2014